108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DLT1 corrupt Product ID

SOLVED
Go to solution
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

> I hope you meant to say "under warranty till 5/2004".

Here's a website to check your warranty status:
https://partsdirect.hp.com/epdo/Warranty/View_Warranty_Verification.asp

(use the info from the product label - usually on the rear or bottom of product)
The journey IS the reward.
Diane Lanthier
Occasional Advisor

Oh yes, I did mean 5/2004, it is still under warranty. (thank goodness for small favors).

And while I have you on the line, can you tell me once I get the device repaired or get a replacement, will it just be a matter of plugging it in again or will there be re-configuration that needs to be done with the SCSI configuration? Will the HP call center be able to help me with that?

Well, I'm going to call them now anyway so I guess I'll ask them. Thanks for all your help.

Diane
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

> And while I have you on the line, can you tell me once I get the device repaired or get a replacement, will it just be a matter of plugging it in again or will there be re-configuration that needs to be done with the SCSI configuration?

All you need to do is record the SCSI ID setting off the back (should be a numbered switch), and set the new one to match.

> Will the HP call center be able to help me with that?

I'm sure they could as well.
Diane Lanthier
Occasional Advisor

As it turns out, step one is going to be to replace the SCSI controller as the BOZO that installed this device in the first place (before my time here) used the wrong one.

That is beyond my realm of expertise and this is our main server so there is no way I'm going to LEARN on this one. I've got an email in to our main IT department in Miami (I'm in Orlando, about 4 hours apart) to see how they want to proceed.

So it is now out of my hands. I replied to the email you sent directly to me and sent you a ZIP file containing all the error logs I got through the LTT, let me know if you don't get that and I'll attach it here.

Nevermind, I'll just do that anyway. So here they are. Thanks again Dave, you have been a great help.

Diane
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

Thanks Diane, those were the right logs. It looks like the device has been reporting the power on self test error all along (since first running LTT).
Diane Lanthier
Occasional Advisor

I only started running the LTT when I first posted to this forum Dec. 29, so the problem was already there then.

It really started a couple weeks back when I was getting an error message through Veritas saying that it was not able to verify at the end of the backup, my main job is working on the projects at work, and I had too many deadlines to deal with the backup drive then but it was still backing up OK.

When I finally got a chance to look at it I thought it was a software problem, or something I didn't have configured correctly. I was trying to troubleshoot through Veritas to no avail, it was soon thereafter that it started going directly into a Pending state. I did further troubleshooting through Veritas and eventually led me here.