1748265 Members
3967 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DLT4000D

Scott Martin_3
Occasional Contributor

DLT4000D

We have a DLT 4000D that has the following lights flashing on it all at the same time:

Write Protected
Tape In Use
Use Cleaning Tape

This drive was working fine, then one day I ejected the tape (using the proper procedure), then I loaded the next tape, that is when the lights started flashing. We put a cleaning tape in and the lights continued to flash. There is currently no tape in the drive and the lights are still flashing. The drive is not under a service agreement. Does anyone have any insight? Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
Leif Halvarsson_2
Honored Contributor

Hi,
The internal self test has failed, most likley due to a hardware error. Check the troubleshooting section in the manual:

http://h200001.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/lpg29237/lpg29237.pdf
A. Clay Stephenson
Acclaimed Contributor

Which do you want -- the bad news or the bad news? These blinking LED's indicate a drive fault. I would check to see if the tape leader (a little catch on the end of the tape actually) is intact on the tape that you last ejected. On rare occasion -- especially if the cartridge has ever been dropped the leader will break off. If the leader is still intact then you can pretty much kiss your drive good-bye.

If it ain't broke, I can fix that.
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

sgderrick

if the tape leader is still intact, then you are having a problem with the motors. if you need any repair, do let me know as i can provide tape drive repair for DLT/SDLT
sgderrick@hotmail.com