Storage Boards Cleanup
To make it easier to find information about HPE Storage products and solutions, we are doing spring cleaning. This includes consolidation of some older boards, and a simpler structure that more accurately reflects how people use HPE Storage.
Tape Libraries and Drives
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLT7000 backup

Dan Decker
Frequent Advisor

DLT7000 backup

I have a DLT7000. I just activated it The density setting on it is set to 35 based on the tapes I'm using. I'm using Fbackup. When I run my backup it is asking for a second tape. I didn't get this prompt when using a DLT4000. My density setting on the 4000 was set at 20. I am using a new tape for backups.

My original problem with this same machine awhile back was I wasn't able to do a large recover but that could have been because of the density being read wrong. I was able to do Fbackup to the 7000 without a hitch now it won't work correctly. Any suggestions??

P.S. This thread has been moved from Storage>General to  Tape Libraries and Drives. -HP Forum Moderator

It's not done Till I am satisfied
1 REPLY
Alexander M. Ermes
Honored Contributor

Re: DLT7000 backup

Hi Dan.
Switch it back. We use the tapes as well
without changing the actual density.
Try it and give some response please.
Alexander M. Ermes
.. and all these memories are going to vanish like tears in the rain! final words from Rutger Hauer in "Blade Runner"