StoreEver Tape Storage
1753328 Members
4886 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DP Express retrieve MSL2024 Barcode information.

Daren Grant
Occasional Advisor

DP Express retrieve MSL2024 Barcode information.

Greetings,

I am in the process of setting up our new MSL2024 Tape Library with Data Protector Express.

The Problem I have is that I cannot find any way to obtain the Barcode information for a specific Slot.

How can I get this info ?

Also I suspect as a result of this i am unable to sort the media via Barcode. The Sort Media Wizard specifies that sorting by barcode is an option , but when the Sort Options are made available only 'Media Tag' and 'Media name' are available.

Media Name sorts on the formatted label name of the media ,

Media Tag never completes. The Unit says that both drive and library are READY, but the status of the Job says moving media 17 to slot 1, and never progresses further than this.

You help is much appreciated.

Daren
3 REPLIES 3
Joseph T. Wyckoff
Honored Contributor

DPX "Data Protector Express" is completely unrelated to "Omniback" or "Storage Data Protector" (SDP) - an so you posted your question in the wrong forum...

I am moving the post, and I hope to the right place.
Omniback and NT problems? double check name resolution, DNS/HOSTS...
Daren Grant
Occasional Advisor

Thanks Joseph,

I did look for a Data Protector Express Forum but could not find one. Which forum should i have been posting to ?
Daren Grant
Occasional Advisor

I found the solution in that the Library was erroring on a Tape which could not be moved as the mech was not strong enough to pull out the tape.