2821 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Data Protector -- Cannot Backup Files of Zero kb

Gareth_14
Advisor

Data Protector -- Cannot Backup Files of Zero kb

Hi,

I am running DP 5.5, trying to backup a Windows Enterprise Cluster Gateway Server but get the following error when trying to backup files of 0kb...ie link files, thumb.db, or empty word docs. For whatever reason there are hundereds of files of zero kbs on our Windows 2003 Storage Servers..When i insert some data into the empty files they rae backed up no probs.. Any ideas..

VBDA@uklondmeycgs05.uk.eurw.ey.net "\\ukmcgs05\GLUK_VOL2" Time: 10/04/2006 21:57:48
[81:77]UNC\uklondmeycgs05\GLUK_VOL2\GLUK\test.doc
Cannot open: ([87] The parameter is incorrect. ) => not backed up.
5 REPLIES 5
Ian Banyard
Occasional Contributor

We're getting the same, HP Cluster Gateway WSS edition, DP5.5, and a bunch of 0b files with "The parameter is incorrect" - did you manage to resolve?

Gareth_14
Advisor

We still have not resolved the issue, I have currently set the report level to warning on the backup specification, to prevent the backup logs getting filled up with the 'minor' errors. I have a call open with HP at the minute and have been chasing them but still no response.

Regards
Ian_42
Occasional Advisor

Do you have your case # - I'm going to raise a call (currently on a HP Managed services site - may have some leverage!!)
Gareth_14
Advisor

We dont have case ID as our HP/CGS contact has flagged this issue direct to guys in the DP labs (to get a quicker response...emmm). Regards
Gareth_14
Advisor

Hi, our case ID is Case 1212225622..