StoreEver Tape Storage
1753378 Members
4809 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Desperately searching for Colorado Backup II Version 9.1

Desperately searching for Colorado Backup II Version 9.1

I am trying to locate a copy of the Colorado Backup II Version 9.1 (CD C4445-18002D ??). HP no longer provides it. They send you to Veritas/Stomp Inc to purchase Backup MyPC. However, I do not trust this to access both my old 5GB tapes and my old QIC 80 250MB tapes (from an old Jumbo 250 drive). I am using Windows ME so must have the 9.1 version. Can anyone help??
14 REPLIES 14
Jeff Technician 7
Frequent Advisor

Hmm... try doing a google.com search for it mate. I remember seeing a guy on a forum who had and would send it to peeps... not legal by any means but it may be your only option..

Thanks

Jeff

Jeff,

Thanks I have actually tried this. I found one person who had posted a message on a professor's q&a web site. He said he got a copy of CBII 9.1 with his SureStore 24i and it didn't work right. HP said that he got one of the last shipments of that software and that it wasn't really intended for DAT tapes and that they were already shipping Tapeware with all future 24i's. I wrote him but got no response. According to http://h200002.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?locale=en_US&docId=11508 though, HP says the last version they shipped with SureStore drives was CBII 7.1. I am not sure what he really has. So my hunt continues. Thanks for replying.

Peter
guy_6

I have C4405-18000 if that will help the person looking for software.

My problem is that my Windows XP does not accept that software and I have not been able to determine how to get Windows XP to recognize the 14 GB Tape Drive by itself to use internal Windows software.

Thanks everyone. I have acquired a copy of CBII 9.1 which supposedly works with 95/98/ME/2KPro/NTWS4.0
Mike Spurrier

Peter,
I am finally moving up from win 98 se to ME, I have a Colorado 8gb external drive and want it to work with my computer. Does the CB11 9.1 work, and seem to be stable?
How can I aquire the software to do this. I have version 9.0 now for windows 2000. Thank you in advance,
Mike
Whats a computer ?

Mike,

I had to move back to Win98 as I had problems with ME on my older HP laptop (HP did not support ME on it). So I honestly can't answer your question, I never really ended up using it on ME. However, if you want to try 9.1, send your mailing address to pjvinco@earthlink.net and I'll see you get a copy.

Peter

P.S.: including any kind of good e-mail joke is always appreciated
chris_150

I am also looking for Backup II version 9 or 9.1 Does anyone have it? Could you be so kind to share it with me?

Thanks!!!

Chris
jcpuskar@comcast.net
none
Charles Griffin_1

I am also looking for this software. If anyone can provide any help or links please email me at:
cgriffin@wi.rr.com

Thanks
David Bell_1
Honored Contributor

All,

I'm not sure if this explanation helps anyone, however, here's the link. It provides information relevant to Windows XP and Colorado Backup II.

HTH,

Dave

http://forums.itrc.hp.com/cm/QuestionAnswer/1,,0x1225eea29889d611abdb0090277a778c,00.html