1751902 Members
4825 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Documentation

Lewis Prosper
Occasional Contributor

Documentation

I have a ESL9326DX with 10 40/80 DLT drives. I am having difficulty getting this thing cabled up. I have my server/hba connected to Port Q. and a jumper from A-R. I only see two drives. What else is required? Will I need a seperated HBA for every four drives?
3 REPLIES 3
Joshua Scott
Honored Contributor

I've never worked with the ESL9326, but here's a documentation link I found:

http://h18006.www1.hp.com/products/storageworks/esl9326dx/documentation.html

Hope this Helps!

-Josh
What are the chances...
Stuart Whitby
Trusted Contributor

No idea about the library either, but are you sure this isn't something as simple as SCSI IDs and/or termination problems?

If you're using this spec of DLT drives, you're not going to get much more than 10MB/sec to them. This is about the limit of standard SCSI, which is probably what's in use here. If you're setting this up for performance, then you'll need to consider SCSI throughput, network bandwidth, system backplane performance, memory, and processor power. However, if all you want to do is get all 10 drives cabled up, check the jumpers (if any) are set for termination on the last drive only and that the SCSI IDs are all unique (and don't override the SCSI card's ID).

Not sure about the different port numbers, BTW. Sounds like proprietary terminology for this library.
A sysadmin should never cross his fingers in the hope commands will work. Makes for a lot of mistakes while typing.
malvin drakley
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Lewis, you cannot really daisy chain any more than 2 DLT's on the same interface, because they just won't work. If you had the big STK 10 drive dlt library you would find that all the drives were on separate channels. The best solution is to get some more scsi controllers
hope this helps
malvin
Not me Chief, I'm Radar