StoreEver Tape Storage
1748215 Members
3417 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Does anyone else have problem with HP surestore (C7200-8000, 6/140)

SOLVED
Go to solution
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Ok Fredrik, after editing file in the notepad and deleting html headers and some lines I'm able to read someting...
There are errors on the drives. Drives are reporting 33C and 37C temperature. I know that max operating temp for galactica is 35C. So I recommend you please check environment:
- cold conditioned air should blow to the front of the library;
- hot air should be taken away from the rear;
- from the front and rear should be enough space for proper air conditioning (let's say, 60cm both);
- lower air conditioning T to 19C.
After doing all these please try to do backup. If errors will occur again do LTT support ticket again and check reported temperature.
Please pay attention to environment because excessive T shortens life of library and tapes inside. For more detailed info please refer to user's guide
Eugeny
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

Could you please email the support ticket and any comments you have on configuration/errors/fixes attempted to ltt_team@hp.com

I'm sure you have probably already done all the standard HP-UX SAN checks, turning off ESM, applying all the patches, etc. anything you can tell us about what the SAN configuration settings are can help.