1752278 Members
4564 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Drive not recognizing media

staudk27
Advisor

Drive not recognizing media

As in a previous thread I mentioned I have a MSL6030 and (1) U3 960 plugin module for it. Recently whenever a tape is place in it, it will thread and come to a 'Media Error', indicated by the screen and blinking 3rd Tape Error light.

I have tried upwards of 10 tapes, and 2 different types of tapes all pointing at 'Med. Err.' I have tried the tapes on the standalone without any errors reported.

This drive also won't let me flash it from the library itself, failed operation.

Can anyone else think of what may be causing this? HP didn't know and I need to either repair/replace this unit soon as possible.
2 REPLIES 2
staudk27
Advisor

Re: Drive not recognizing media

In regard to testing, I cannot run many of the L&T tools due to it saying there is no tape in the drive, which it does show media in Drive 1.
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

Re: Drive not recognizing media

The tape is recognized in the drive by some microswitch inside the unit, It may be one of these is hung or broken, you can compare the two lto3 to see if something is broken inside. in this case, you only have to open a call and replace the unit under waranty (I suppose)