1748011 Members
5117 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ESL 322e Error Secure manager

ecar

ESL 322e Error Secure manager

Hi All,

The ESL322e found the error on Secure manager and cannot connect hosts access manager please find the following.

Health: Secure manager cannot find a device management path to one or more tape drive o library robotics
Description : Secure Manager Feature is disabled because a pat could not be found for the following devices : ROBOT XXXX

License Missing : No
Avanced Access Control : Yes
Custom Device mapping Allowed : No

We need to Please help me find the error

Command view TL : 2.2.00
Firmware
Robotic : 6.20.05
LTO3 : L63W
LTO4 : H36W
Interface manager : I230
Interface Controller : 5936

Thank
6 REPLIES 6
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

Probably due to high workload or some specific event, the IM lost connectivity with one of the components connected to the IC. then the message reported to CV is that a path is missing. If there is no HW failure, the easy way to recover is to restart IM
you can restart it from CV, from CLI or from the reset pin
ecar

Thank Marino Meloni

But I cannnot restart ic because the library is working. how can i check the performance on ic and im. please let me know with command line and cv.

Thank you
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

What I told you is to restart the Interface Manager, this will have no impact on the library. During the reboot it will rediscover the IC and all the components.
Better to do the reboot when you have low activity on the library, so you are sure the IC will answer to the IM request before it time out.
ecar

Dear Marino Meloni

I cannot reboot ic (1200 ) it 's error as the following

com.hp.commandview.tape.common.util.exceptions.TLRemoteException: Device Reboot operation timed out
at com.hp.commandview.tape.v2.business.library.support.impl.TaskStatusBuilder.setTimeoutCondition(TaskStatusBuilder.java:323)
at com.hp.commandview.tape.v2.business.library.support.impl.TaskStatusBuilder.setTimeoutCondition(TaskStatusBuilder.java:305)
at com.hp.commandview.tape.v2.business.util.managers.EmfDeviceRebootManager.doOperation(EmfDeviceRebootManager.java:326)
at com.hp.commandview.tape.v2.business.util.managers.EmfDeviceRebootManager.access$200(EmfDeviceRebootManager.java:24)
at com.hp.commandview.tape.v2.business.util.managers.EmfDeviceRebootManager$1.run(EmfDeviceRebootManager.java:264)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

but ic 2400 is ok. Please help me check the error.
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

the error probably show some communication error from IM to CV.

via CLI you can reboot the IM and if you realy want also the IC

/reboot/interface all >>>>> or you can select the specific 1200 IC
/reboot/mgmt >>>>> for the IM

if this do not succeed, you can use the pin hole on the specific card to issue a reset

last solution is to power cycle the library, but usualy only rebooting the specific component solve the problem if you do not have a Hardware problem
ecar

Thx Marino Meloni

I will be restart all interface agin.

Thank you