New Discussion юеВ

Re: ESL 712e Unexpected internal error CV TL

SOLVED
Go to solution
EMCD
Frequent Advisor

ESL 712e Unexpected internal error CV TL

Hi,

One of our ESL 712e is showing the following error when trying to access in Commandview TL:

5040 "Unexpected internal error" run time errored occured while the operations were running.

The backups run ok, so it does point to the management. I've looked at the ESL service guide for 5040, but I only see hex error codes for the ESL. I can't find any CM TL error codes in the CM TL documentation?
Could one of you point me to error 5040, so I can investigate further?

Regards
11 REPLIES 11
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

CV TL is a service running on your pc or server. You can safely restart the service or reboot the server
The management of the 712 is runnin on the IM (Interface Manager) that is located on the library itself.
You can Use the CLI to access the IM and run command in order to check the status of the library if you want.
Never saw this error, it may be it is a java error as it is used to display the values from the library.
EMCD
Frequent Advisor

Hi Marino,

Thanks for the info. I'd already rebooted the server before posting the thread. It didn't rectify the problem. We have six ESL's managed by Command View on this server, and five are as normal. It's only one ESL with the problem, so I'd probably say it was the connection to the IM, or the IM at fault, but I won't rule out the actual software?
We've rebooted the ESL too.
We're checking the ESL in question tomorrow (IM card connection, fault LEDs on the IM).

If anyone could find the error code, it'd be much appreciated. It'd save me a lot of time in fault finding and deciding if hardware or software? I've checked all the pdf files on the HP website, and can't find anything with error codes in CV TL.

Thanks again for any input :)
EMCD
Frequent Advisor

I have further details of this error.
We have tried to telnet into the ESL, and it works, however we still have the same error when trying to show status.
So this looks to be the ESL hardware itself.
The LEDs on the IM card look ok, no errors.
We're still looking at replacing the IM card, but the error code 5040 is now related to the ESL hardware. We can only find hex codes related to the ESL hardware errors.

many thanks for any help
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

I'm not sure about that error, but if it come form the IM, and is reported to CV, it may be you are running out of space in the IM memory flash

I would suggest to run these commands from CLI in order to free up some space:

- Close your Command View TL session.

Open up a CLI session to the library by running the telnet command.

At the login prompt, make sure to log in as the cliadmin user with your password.

Run the following commands in the CLI:

download remove im
download remove interface
download remove lto_gen1
download remove lto_gen2
download remove lto_gen2_kelvin
download remove lto_gen3
download remove otherdrive
download remove picker
download remove ppcinterface
download remove sdlt
download remove sdlt320
download remove sdlt600

Exit the CLI session by running the exit command.

Disable the firewall on your FTP client system before attempting the next step. FTP commands may not work correctly with certain firewalls.

Open an FTP session to the library from a command prompt by entering the ftp command.

At the login prompt, make sure to log in using the anonymous or ftp users with your e-mail address as your password.

List all of the files located in the directory with the commands ls or nlist .

Delete all of the files listed above with the command del .

Doing this you remove all non needed data that may fill up your IM and it may be the cause of the GUI not communicating while CLI does
EMCD
Frequent Advisor

Hi Marino,
If I "download remove" all of these files, won't I be deleting files I also need?
Does the ESL automatically rebuild them?
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

these commmands are part of the service note for the migration form 1.8 to 2.xx version of CV
they only remove temp files related to preventive ticket collection.
others are the files you load in the IM for during FW upgrade.
They may not be all valid with newer IM FW version, but in any case they do not clear working data

EMCD
Frequent Advisor

I have extra information before I carry out this step.
I'm able to check the status of the interface controllers and manager from CLI, the only time a get the error is if I try to check anything under the Library option.
Do you think this still points to the service note with flash memeory too full?

cheers
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

The Flash card may also be corrupted.
Would be better to open a case with HP at this point, they may investigate better collecting a support ticket of the IM from the CLI
EMCD
Frequent Advisor

Tried deleting the files, but there were no files to delete.
It does look like the flash card at fault.
I'm replacing it today, so I'll find the results shortly.