New Discussion

Re: ESL712e IM reset

SOLVED
Go to solution
Rupert_1
Advisor

ESL712e IM reset

If I manually reset the IM module on ESL712e,
will it affect the running backup operation.
thks
6 REPLIES 6
Mike Reznak
Trusted Contributor

Hi,
I'd guess so. Why not to try it?

Mike
...and I think to myself, what a wonderful world ;o)
Rupert_1
Advisor

We used serial connection to run save mgmt lttsupportticket, after 3 days still it was not completed, we suspect the process is hang.
It is a production tape library.
We want to manually reset the IM module.
May be type quit at serial, and then try it with command view to collect the support ticket.

Component Firmware
ESL 712e Robot 3.4
LTO2 Drives K42W
SAN Router E2400-160/E1200-160 5.6.69
ESL 712e Cabinet Controller 3.3.01
Interface Manager FW I155
Director 2/140 7.00.00.84
thks.
saju_2
Respected Contributor

Hi Rupert

I tried to reboot the IM through command view TL and it was giving a warning that "Rebooting any devices will cause any currently running backups to fail"

That Means it will fail the currenty running backups. I have a ESL 712E. IM and robotics firmware versions are same as yours.

Regards
CS

David Ruska
Honored Contributor
Solution

> We used serial connection to run save mgmt lttsupportticket, after 3 days still it was not completed, we suspect the process is hang.

> Component Firmware
> ESL 712e Robot 3.4
> SAN Router E2400-160/E1200-160 5.6.69
> Interface Manager FW I155

There are a number of improvements in the I160 (CV-TL 1.60) firmware that improve the time to collect a support ticket, and to resolve issues that could cause timeouts and other failures collecting tickets.

The firmware set also includes new library code (4.1) and new router code (5.6.78).

The journey IS the reward.
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

This link may get you to the release notes:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?locale=en_US〈=English&pnameOID=369345&prodSeriesId=438308&prodTypeId=12169&basePartNum=COL5085&locBasepartNum=co-35022-1&os=Microsoft+Windows+Server+2003&tech=Firmware++Storage+Tape

Update CV-TL, and then use it to sequence updating of the remainder of the components.
The journey IS the reward.
Richard Rydström
Valued Contributor

Hello Rupert!

Yes, rebooting components in the ESL will affects your backups especially when the Interface Manager is set to automatic mode. There have been several issues with LTT supportticket and the ESL e-series. My suggestion is that you do a normal "reboot" of the interface manager and the interface controllers when there are no backups running. A such reboot should take approx. 10 minutes.
Or..... If you log in through the diag/serial interface to the IM (cliadmin, clipwd) you will get a warning if you want to connect and disconnect the current running session (if there is a active/hanging session). When I've done this the IM acts weird afterwards, so I wouldnt recommend doing thing through the serial interface