1751685 Members
5102 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ESL9595 seeing duplicate Bar Code Numbers on reboot/inventory

Wayne Stoll
Occasional Advisor

ESL9595 seeing duplicate Bar Code Numbers on reboot/inventory

I have an ESL9595 with 16 SDLT Drives and 4 NSR1200's. Everthything is up to the latest
Drivers/Firmware. When the Library is rebooted or a full inventory is started (doors opened and closed) We see random duplicated BarCode Numbers. We are using Veritas, but we see this duplication at the panel on the Library.

Any ideas? All the components in the Library
have been changed except the main system module.
3 REPLIES 3

Hi Wayne,

it sounds crazy, but upgrade all the Management Agents with the latest SmartStart 7.40.
A customer of mine had the same issue and this solved the problem

Best regards
Roland
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

Roland is correct. The Insight Management Agents (versions 6.40 to 7.10) can poll the library at a high enough rate that it disrupts the bar code scanning in the ESL library. The 7.20 agents were much improved, although I think additional changes were made in 7.40.

See this advisory:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=PSD_ES040611_CW01

Either update to the 7.40 version of the Insight Management Agents or disable the "fibre array information" agent. Note: this needs to be done on all hosts that have visibility to the robotics on the SAN.
The journey IS the reward.
Wayne Stoll
Occasional Advisor

Thanks,
I just happen to be working to get all the Servers to a SmartStart 7.4 baseline.