4282 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ESLe - Initial network settings

Steve Begley
Trusted Contributor

ESLe - Initial network settings

Hi,

When setting the network settings on an ESL712e or ESL630e from the OCP - I can't seem to get the settings to stick until I have attempted it several times.

I set up the IP address, subnet mask and the gateway to none, disable DHCP & save the settings and immediately go to ops > cabinet > reboot - when the library has rebooted it still has the 192.168.1.1 address and the 255.255.255.0 subnet - I have seen this fail 3 or 4 times from the OCP and then work when I try it the next time in exactly the same way.

A more reliable way is to use the serial connection to the IM, set the network up from there and then reboot the IM from the CLI session - this works first time.

Has anyone else seen this problem?

regards,

Steve.B.
Tea break over - back on yer heads!
7 REPLIES 7
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

Steve,
I'll check with the product engineers and let you know.

Is this happening with 4.10 firmware?
The journey IS the reward.
Steve Begley
Trusted Contributor

Hi Dave,

Yes - latest firmware 4.10.

regards,

Steve.B.
Tea break over - back on yer heads!
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

Steve,

Sorry, our product engineer was out. I'll check with him tomorrow on this. I think you may also have my email address from a previous CV-TL issue. If so, you can drop me an email and we can follow-up that way.
mujzeptu
Super Advisor

Any follow up on this? I got an ESL in april 2007 and it fails to save my network settings. I also experience lost password and such after a reboot???

I had heard it may be the IM flash memory? Is this something easy to locate and replace?

Thoughts?
oZZy666
Occasional Contributor

I have the same problem, i have heard that it may be the Flash Card, is that thing possible.
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

What version of library code are you both running? The problem Steve had reported was occuring on older firmware.
mujzeptu
Super Advisor

I unhooked and re-connected a bunch of front panel equipment and all kinds of stuff. I then powered it back on and wala - it works.

I tried rebooting, powering off, etc, etc at least 10 times. The only sign of something working was to do this. Now not only can I save network information, but upon a reboot I dont lose network config, password, settings, etc.

It appears a lot of users are experiencing this through different forums/threads/circles I run in.