1748133 Members
3390 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Error Message at the startup

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Error Message at the startup

I am getting the following error message. A conflict has been detected between two drivers which claimed two overlapping Io port regions. Driver cpqatapi, with device <\Device\ScsiPort1.Translated>, claimed an IO port range with starting address in data address 0x28 and 0x2c, and length in data address 0x30.

Please help!!!!!!!!!!
2 REPLIES 2
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

What Server this tape unit is installed? Has this tape unit been up and running and now you just receive this message or was there another device, patches or upgrades applied to the server and this message comes up now? What backup software and version you are running? If this is the first time the tape unit being installed, make sure that the tape unit is seen on POST Screen and System Configuration Utility has been accessed to recognize and address any conflicts.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

This 12/24GB DD3 dat tape is installed on AP400 professional workstation. I am using the Sea Gate Backup Exec ver 7.0 rev 727 to do the backups. I have been using this tape drive for a while before I started getting this error message.
The operating system running on this server is windows nt 4.0 service pack 3.