StoreEver Tape Storage
1752790 Members
6218 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

External 8MB Travan drive under Windows XP

Gary Mokotoff

External 8MB Travan drive under Windows XP

I just upgraded to Windows XP and cannot get my external Travan 8GB drive to work. I have looked at past messages with no help.

I got the driver installed finally and the device manager confirms it is installed.

I installed the 9.0 version of the software. When I go to execute it I get a message "The procedure entry point ??QVoidDynArray@@QAE@I@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library citwbase.dll."

I tried uninstalling the 9.0 software and reinstalling it but get the same message.

Help!!
4 REPLIES 4
madoc
Trusted Contributor

Re: External 8MB Travan drive under Windows XP

http://h20015.www2.hp.com/en/document.jhtml?lc=en&docName=c00000627

this is a workaround. It doesn't work in all cases, mind.

If it does not work for you, then I am afraid that there is little that can be done.

Eagles may soar in the clouds but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines
Gary Mokotoff

I found that site before I went to this Forum. The problem is that I cannot find "Locate the \MISC\epatdrvr folder and copy the files (EPATAPNT.MPD and SHARSHTL.SYS) per the instructions."

I cannot find the disks that came with the hardware and the downloads do not seem to have these files.
Gary Mokotoff

Thanks.

I found that site before I went to this Forum. The problem is that I cannot find "Locate the \MISC\epatdrvr folder and copy the files (EPATAPNT.MPD and SHARSHTL.SYS) per the instructions."

I cannot find the disks that came with the hardware and the downloads do not seem to have these files.
Dan_139
Advisor

This document is way to confusing. Simply download the Win2000 drivers from HP's site and extract them to a temp folder. Turn off the PC. Connect the tape drive and power on the PC. Your drive should be detected as a 'VID_04E6 PID_80000002' or similar. If a message popped up as soon as you started the PC just select yes to install from a specific location and point to the downloaded Win2000 drivers. If no message popped up, go to Device MAnager and select update drivers for the 'VID_04E6 PID_80000002' device, and point it to the win2000 drivers. Reboot and install a compatible software such as "Back Up My PC" from www.stompinc.com
knowlegde is key to what?