1752572 Members
4467 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: FRONT PANEL - HP StorageWorks Library & Tape Tools

NPD USER
Regular Advisor

FRONT PANEL - HP StorageWorks Library & Tape Tools

I recently installed a 1/8 Tape Autoloader LTO II Ultrium 448 (SCSI) to a Dell Precision 650 running Windows XP. I run Data Protector 5.1 on an HP-UX server. I installed Data Protector DISK & MEDIA agents to server where LTO II Drive is connected. I am able to interact with the drive (scan, format, read..etc) normal.

I also installed HP StorageWorks Library & Tape Tools on server and upgraded the firmware as it suggested. I'm trying to use the FRONT PANEL icon on Tape tools but its greyed out. All else works on Library & Tape Tools except for the "Front panel" option. Any ideas, suggestion regarding this issue?

Thanks,

Mario.
3 REPLIES 3
Sameer_Nirmal
Honored Contributor

Hi Mario,

The "Front Panel" function provides remote control of the front panel of selected library devices. Since it is disabled in your case, the autoloader might not be supported for the function.

If you want ,you can email at ltt_team@hp.com and confirm about the same.
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

Mario,

Yes, the front panel feature is only turned on for some of the libraries. A few older products had an emulation of the front panel buttons and display, but on the newer products it typically provides only a move media utility.

I believe on the 1/8 autoloaders, the "movemedia" function is available in the CLI HP-UX version, but not yet in the Windows version of LTT.
The journey IS the reward.
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

The journey IS the reward.