1752772 Members
5184 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Fibre Channel Library Reset

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Fibre Channel Library Reset

We have a TL892 connected to a tape controller II going into a storage hub 12. We have an ML370 server running Arc serve 2000 on TN 4.0. Sometimes we lose communication between the server and TL892 autoloader. What is the sequence of besetting the CT II, autoloader, fiber hub 12 and the server to reset the SCSI bus? It seems to me that we have to play with the fiber network in various sequences to get the tape drive to be recognized.

Thanks in Advance...

buss
4 REPLIES 4
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Hi
You must sitwh the hub12 first in the loop, it permit you to initialize it.
After this you switch on the TL892, when it ready so you switch on the FCTC II and of course you switch on the servers.
Hope thta will help you
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

updagte the firmware on fctc 2 to the latest. As there was issues with scsi devices not being seen by fctc 2 and you would have to reboot fctc 2 inorder to remap scsi devices. the good firmware is C9931d. You can get firmware from compaq tech support. You needed to apply it by using hyperterminal and a com port to connect to the fctc 2
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Hi, Does the server have a fiber channel host adapter ? If so have a look at the board - if it revision A1, tha chances are it's got an intermittent fault. I had to replace 8 cards with the same problem in our SAN. The Library kept dropping out & it was bombing out transferring databases over 8 Gig. Hope this helps ...
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

This is a message to sshadwell and others !

I have been having a problem for a 1 year and a half.

We brought a FTTC, 12 port hub, FibreChan for 10 servers.

I have never managed to have a backup work sucessfully of all 8 servers. I have spent years talking to Veritas and compaq and cannot get anywhere.

The FibreChan card I have just says

FCAL CONTROLLER PCI

Can you recomend a course of action ?
ie. Replcace cards, Replace FTTC with MDR ?

I have tried everything