1753658 Members
5444 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Firmware error with Ultrium 3 drive in MSL6000

Joshua Baldock
Frequent Advisor

Firmware error with Ultrium 3 drive in MSL6000

We have an MSL6000 with one of the Ultrium 3 drives has been not work intermittently of late. In running diagnosistic with L&TT, the only problem reported is the firmware G63W is out of date and needs to be updated to G65W.

I have downloaded the lastest G65W firmware through L&TT, however when i try to apply the firmware, L&TT reports that there are no firmware updates for the Ultrium 3 drive.

Another interesting thing is that the 2nd Ultrium drive also has G63W firmware, but has not reported it is out of date.

Any information to clarify this firmware confusion would be great.

Cheers.
2 REPLIES 2
D Wong
Regular Advisor

Re: Firmware error with Ultrium 3 drive in MSL6000

Hi Joshua:

One possible issue is the LTT software may need to download the latest firmware file from the internet into the version of LTT software you have installed.

That is, you will not have the G65W firmware version until you ask LTT software to go out to the internet and get the lastest firmware files.

Regards,
Dave W.

Joshua Baldock
Frequent Advisor

Re: Firmware error with Ultrium 3 drive in MSL6000

Thanks D Wong.

However if you look at my first post, you will see "I have downloaded the lastest G65W firmware through L&TT"

If this quote is not clear... what i mean by it is that I have used LTT to download the G65W firmware that it has detected for my Tape Drives, however it will not allow them to be used to update the firmware on the tape drives.