4730 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Getting this error message on MSL2024 Tape Drive

kingdomain

Getting this error message on MSL2024 Tape Drive

0:8D 07 00
Mechanical Block

We just moved into a new building and I can't find the manual for this device. Can anyone help?
5 REPLIES 5
Sameer_Nirmal
Honored Contributor

Re: Getting this error message on MSL2024 Tape Drive

Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

The short answer for 8D/07 (Mechanical Block, Error during sled movement to rotation position) is to take out the shipping lock.

If it isn't the shipping lock and you just moved the library it might have been moved without removing the tapes and one fell out blocking the robot.

The above pointer was very helpful and if you follow the "Answers from experts" link and go through the troubleshooting tree it takes you to both these suggestions. Since I've seen several postings for the 8D/07 I decided to put the quick answer here so maybe people can find it searching.
Ahmad Ramadan
Occasional Advisor

we just moved into a new building and our HP Autoloader 1/8 920 d2
is giving Mechanical Block 8D07
i know that this error comes coz of the slice and i've removed the small metal slice from the top of the autoloader
but STILL Getting the same error

any other IDEA??
waiting for help ASAP!!

Thanx
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

Did you take the magazines out or the tapes out before moving the autoloader?

If a 1/8 G2 is moves without taking the tapes out before moving it an 8D frequently occurs because a tape fell out into the path of the transport.
Ahmad Ramadan
Occasional Advisor

yeah i moved the magazine manually out of the autoloader and i found out that the tapes r moved outside, so i fixed them inside again
insert the magazine
and its working very find

thank you so much man