1751967 Members
4677 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP 1/9 C7145 Autoloader Password

SOLVED
Go to solution

HP 1/9 C7145 Autoloader Password

I have never been given these passwords when I obtained these items but they appear to be set. Is the only recourse to send the two autoloaders off for repair to regain control? Whilst I understand the need for security this seems a major expense since for something I have owned for many years. No-one other than me has physcial access to the drives so I woudl have thought there was a local method of recovery.
3 REPLIES 3
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor
Solution

Yes you can recover passwords. Just call HP support and they will walk you through the process. You have to press a "secret" button on the password entry screen which will give you information that the call center agent can use to generate a temporary password. There shouldn't be any charge for that.

The hard way of recovering the password is to remove the side panel of the autoloader and there is a little button on the controller that you can hold down while you turn on power. Hold the button for 10 seconds after power on and it resets all of the configuration parameters and the password.
Efrain Valencia
Valued Contributor

"there is a little button on the controller that you can hold down while you turn on power. Hold the button for 10 seconds after power on and it resets all of the configuration parameters and the password."

Wow, and I thought I knew these things :P

BTW, the password recovery requires for you to provide the HP support agent, the current date/time in the autoloader, then pressing the "hidden"/unlabeled button, here you should enter a temporary password that will grant you full controll of the unit.

Thank you to both. Will call HP or failing that I am not adverse to taking the lid off myself.