108792 Solutions
New Discussion

HP DAT 72 Recover Data?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Rope_1
Occasional Contributor

HP DAT 72 Recover Data?

I'm using HP (c7438a) Dat 72 USB External Storage System.

I’m having problems recovering data. I got the Dat 72 in January. I filled up 1 tape and I’m working on filling the 2nd. I’m trying to recover data that was stored on the first tape. When I use restore-specific, pick the correct file, set the filter to get correct date of back up and then run it. I get this "Error 1401 Please insert compatible media" The tape I am using is the correct one. I did run a full verify on the tape. It didn’t help.

I’m sure, I’m doing something wrong. Please help if you have any suggestions. Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: HP DAT 72 Recover Data?

Hi,

It would be useful to know what Operating System and backup package you're using...

Cheers,

Rob
Rope_1
Occasional Contributor

Im using (dpe) data protector express 3.10.

This is what I think is happening. Dpe isnt updating to the old tape. It remembers the sessions of the second tape. So when I ask for a job that is later than what dpe remembers it tells me that the media is not compatible. I tried doing a full verify on the fist tape thinking that would boot up the old sessions. But it didnt.

I could be way off base on this. It is very important I figure this out. I have to get this job off that tape. Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I've never used Data Protector Express unfortunately.

You might want to try asking over in the Data Protector forum instead...
Someone there might be able to help.

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/categoryhome.do?categoryId=251

Cheers,

Rob
Rope_1
Occasional Contributor

Ooops. Didnt realize I was in the wrong place. Thanks!