1752271 Members
4505 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP DAT24e HP-UX Installable Firmware

Chris O
Frequent Advisor

HP DAT24e HP-UX Installable Firmware

Can someone please tell me where to find the firmware file to update the firmware in a DAT24e using STM under HP-UX? The drive I currently have is revison HP02. I suspect there is newer firmware out there. A nice option used to be to create a firmwar update tape. Is this still an option? Thanks. Chris
3 REPLIES 3
Andrew Rutter
Honored Contributor

Re: HP DAT24e HP-UX Installable Firmware

hi chris,

it doesnt appear to be downloadable for an STM install for the 24e drives.

The only way i can see to beable to update it is by using tape library and tape tools.

Download this and use this, you can do it this way on a pc based system or hpux. Its a free download tool that you can test the drive with afterwards.

The machine needs to be able to connect to the internet to retreive the file for the update, unless you make a note of the web address and ftp download it and have it as a local file.
This also ensures you actually do get the correct file and dont trash the drive. it is also the recommended way to do the update. i think the only ones you can actually create a tape for or DLT's now but not 100% as I always use LTT.

Andy
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

The Dat24 used different firmware when it was sold specifically for HP-UX connect. I believe HP02 firmware is latest for the HP-UX version of the product, if it IDs as C1537A.
The journey IS the reward.
Chris O
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for the answers. It is a C1537A.