cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP Dat Tape Drives error code e30502

Richard S. Milligan
Occasional Visitor

HP Dat Tape Drives error code e30502

I have an HP8i Dat 2 drive that I am replacing with an HP 24i Dat drive. Neither drive works. When I use tpassure at the novell 4.11 server prompt I get the same error code for both: e30502 "Device has internal hardware problem". Any clues? I have a hard time believing that both have the same problem.

Thanks for any help (including where I might go for help).

Rich
3 REPLIES
Richard S. Milligan
Occasional Visitor

Re: HP Dat Tape Drives error code e30502

More information. The drive is on a Dell Poweredge Server running NW 4.11. The embedded SCSI also runs the CD-ROM. The Dell server has a scsi backplane that runs off another embedded SCSI controller. Two external drives run off a third SCSI controller, an ADAPTEC 2940.

Thanks
Eric de Lange_2
Respected Contributor

I'm not sure what you mean with 'Neither drive works'...What application are u using with the drives ? What tape drivers have you loaded in Netware ?

tpassure seems to detect the drives correctly but has trouble talking to the drives...might it be that there is backup software still running on your server ? I would shut all software down and retry tpassure.

You might want to try the latest driver, found at http://www.hp.com/cposupport/information_storage/software/nwdriver.exe.html. It does require NWPA though.

Hope this helps.

Cal.

Richard S. Milligan
Occasional Visitor

I have unloaded all nlms, still tpassure gives the same error.

By two machines, I mean two HP DAT drives a 4/8 gb and 12/24 gb both give the same error under NW 4.11. They give no error under Windows NT Server 4.0.