5276 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP K570 does not see SUN STOREDGE 4mm DDS-3

Paul Cadieux
Occasional Advisor

HP K570 does not see SUN STOREDGE 4mm DDS-3

Hi,

I am trying to install a SUN STOREDGE 4mm DDS-3 on my HP K570 server. I have tried connecting the tape drive using both a SUN and an HP cable. The system does not see the drive at all. My HP system is a model 9000/899/K570. When I run SWINSTALL the following patches are shown as installed:

B3920CA B.10.20 HP-UX Media Kit (Reference Only. See Description)
B7682AA B.10.20.HWE.3 Hardware Extensions 3.0 for HP-UX 10.20
HPUXEngCR800 B.10.20 English HP-UX CDE Runtime Environment
XSW800GR1020 B.10.20.55.3 General Release Patches for HP-UX 10.20 Servers (December 2001)

Can I run this tape drive on an HP system and if so, what do I need to do to make it see the drive.

Thanks

Paul.
2 REPLIES 2
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Re: HP K570 does not see SUN STOREDGE 4mm DDS-3

Paul,
which interface this drive has? Single ended? low-voltage-differential? high-voltage-differential?
K-servers have SE adapters (addon, HP-PB type) and HVD adapters (HSC in expansion slots or built-in Core IO adapter).
Where do you connect drive? Please describe in details
Eugeny
Frank Slootweg
Honored Contributor

Re: HP K570 does not see SUN STOREDGE 4mm DDS-3

I have moved your question to a more appropriate category, because this is probably a hardware issue.

Have you checked the *type* of SCSI on both sides, i.e. the scsi interface in the computer and the SCSI interface of the drive?

I.e.:
Single-Ended versus Differential?
'Slow' versus Fast?
'Narrow' versus Wide?
Low Voltage versus 'High' Voltage?
Etc.

When you post again, please post at least the output of "ioscan -fn -H ...", where "..." id the hardware path of the used SCSI interface.