StoreEver Tape Storage
1748204 Members
3160 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP Library and Tape Tools - Dr. Watson

Darryl Jackson

HP Library and Tape Tools - Dr. Watson

I recently installed an HP C1537A tape drive on my Windows NT 4.0 server. I downloaded the HP Library and Tape Tools and installed it. The L&TT started up and scanned my SCSI bus and correctly identified the C1537A drive and that it needed it's firmware updated. After L&TT downloaded the firmware, I clicked on the blue icon of my tape drive and L&TT took a Dr. Watson. Does any one have any ideas as to what's causing this? The drive works fine. I just can't seem to use the HP L&TT or tell if the firmware has been upgraded.

P.S. This thread has been moved from General to Tape Libraries and Drives. - Hp Forum Moderator

5 REPLIES 5
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Re: HP Library and Tape Tools - Dr. Watson

Have you referred to the following web page, especially the NT4-specific info under INSTALLATION, such as ASPI, etc. Good luck!
Make a great day!

Roger
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

A new version of Tape Tools was just released. See the following:

http://www.hp.com/cposupport/information_storage/software/ltt_27_eng.exe.html

Good luck!
Make a great day!

Roger
Jan Klier
Respected Contributor

If the problem still persists, please do the following:

* Go to Options/Preferences. Check the check-box with I/O history
* Attempt the same operations that caused the Dr. Watson.
* If you have another device that runs ok, select that device and generate a support ticket and e-mail it to the north-american e-mail address.
* If you don't have another device, look for the file EventLog.ltt in the 'logs' folder of L&TT and e-mail it to 'LTT-log-northamerica@hp.com' attn: Jan.

These instructions will not prevent the tool from crashing, but they will give us clues to why it did so that we can resolve the problem in a future version.
James Klauzner

Could you please let me know where I can download the firmware upgrade from for my C1537A.

Also, do you know why the label on the back sais that the unit is a C6364A...are these one and the same?

Thank you...
Eric de Lange_2
Respected Contributor

Could you please let me know where I can download the firmware upgrade from for my C1537A.
>>Http://www.hp.com/cposupport/swindexes/hpsurestor9640_swen.html

Also, do you know why the label on the back sais that the unit is a C6364A...are these one and the same?
>> C1537A is how most DDS3 devices will report themselves on the SCSI bus. The product number on the back of your unit is the modelnumber for the complete product including enclosure. The Actual DDS3 drive that is IN the enclosure is a C1537A.

Hope this helps.

-Cal.