1752780 Members
6339 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP MSL 6030- 1 Ultrium 460: Media error after firmware upgrade

it61066
Frequent Advisor

HP MSL 6030- 1 Ultrium 460: Media error after firmware upgrade

When loading new cartridges 400GB or 200GB some ones work properly others not. Retrying inventory: another set work properly and another set not. Current Library frm: 5.20 and drive: F6AW. Intermittent problem. Old lib firmware was 4.30 (drive ???). Any suggestions?
HPE ASE Proliant-Synergy & Storage Certified Engineer
Clustering & Virtualization Support (Microsoft & Vmware)

2 REPLIES 2
Wei Jung
Trusted Contributor

Re: HP MSL 6030- 1 Ultrium 460: Media error after firmware upgrade

If you suspect it's cause by the media, revert back to the previous version. Use this password in LTT, in allow factory overrides. Then in firmware options select allow firmware downgrade.

Temporary password is '3A11H973FAYEFB'
Password valid 2 days from 07/12/2007
(Remove ('') for password use)
it61066
Frequent Advisor

Re: HP MSL 6030- 1 Ultrium 460: Media error after firmware upgrade

It was too late for the password: i have replaced the drive by a new one and everything is OK. For info, the new drive was with F68W firmware and the suspected one was with F6AW: i am not sure if the firmware was the problem since the downgrade was not performed due to the long time of communications passed with HP to get an LTT password and my customer was standing on my head to get the library working. It was a pleasure for me to downgrade the FW and test the drive but unfortunately i don't have such library in my office. Thanks for all tried to help in this case.
HPE ASE Proliant-Synergy & Storage Certified Engineer
Clustering & Virtualization Support (Microsoft & Vmware)