StoreEver Tape Storage
1748169 Members
3981 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP MSL2024 1 LTO-4 Ultr 1760 SAS Library - How to export the backup policy to a file?

Wilslm
Occasional Contributor

HP MSL2024 1 LTO-4 Ultr 1760 SAS Library - How to export the backup policy to a file?

Hi all,

I've got this device and looking for a manual on how to export the backup policy to a file? If someone could post step by step guide / direct me to the manual that would be great.

6 REPLIES 6
Eric de Lange (MSE)
Valued Contributor

Re: HP MSL2024 1 LTO-4 Ultr 1760 SAS Library - How to export the backup policy to a file?

hello,

Can you please clarify ?

Are you referencing the backup policy as used by the backup software ?

Which software ?

thanks,

-Eric

Wilslm
Occasional Contributor

I think they are using; HP All in One Storage Manage 

Eric de Lange (MSE)
Valued Contributor

Ah, this is Proliant Storage System running "HP All-in-one Storage Manager' software,

Your question is best posted to the "Proliant Storage Systems' Group under

Community Home > Storage > Proliant Storage System.

-Eric

Is this specific to MSL2024 ?

or do you mean the backup policy file from the backup software like HP DapaProtector ?

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo
Wilslm
Occasional Contributor

They are using All in One Storage Manager (ASM) not too sure whether ASM = Backup Software and is the same as HP Data Protector?

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

http://h18006.www1.hp.com/products/storage/software/x1000sms/related.html

ASM is not the same as DP, but apparently you can use them together, see the above link.

Google got me the AiO Storage System User Guide: http://bizsupport.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01168568/c01168568.pdf

This has some info about the Storage Manager as well.

I presume you've gone through the normal interface and haven't found something in there?

Like up in the file/action menu?

In any other Windows application that's in the MMC - there is the 'export list' under Action. Maybe there's something similar for ASM?

I wonder what HP suggest that you do if you have to reinstall the server? (By the way, which server are you using?)