6330 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP MSL2024 enquires

soandy
Frequent Advisor

HP MSL2024 enquires

Dear All,

I have two tape libraries, one is Scalar 24 and another one is MSL2024. I am having an issue with MSL2024 with 2 LTO5 drive. I have a Windows 2008 R2 (64 bits) with one 4G HBA card (FC2142SR). The tape library is connected via CISCO SAN switches C9222i. I have created different zone from server to each tape drive. The problem is after I reboot the server, OS only can recognize one tape drive and there is no problem with Scalar 24 tape library. The work around is I need to reboot tape library then the OS can recognize both tape drives. I have checked with MSL2024 support matrix and found the HBA card that I am using is on the list. I would like to know does anyone meet this kind of situation or anyone can give me an advice?

Tape library: MSL2024 (firmware:5.0)
Tape drive: Ultrium 5 LTO5 (Driver version Y32W)
HBA card: FC2142SR (Driver 7-2.30.020, Firmware 2.82a4)
2 REPLIES 2
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

Re: HP MSL2024 enquires

would be good to get a support ticket collected from the Host using LTT, just after the problem occurs and you rediscovered the second drive.
the info in the ticket may give us some hints.
Also an analysis of the cisco log related to the port where the drive is connected can highlight some issue with the FC cable or sft
soandy
Frequent Advisor

Re: HP MSL2024 enquires

Hi Marino Meloni,

Thank you for your reply. I will collect LTT ticket next time and will post it here. Between, I tried "show logging" in Cisco and could not locate any error from the output. Would you please adivse any useful Cisco command that I can use?