5767 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP MSL2024 with BackupExec 12.5

mull
Advisor

HP MSL2024 with BackupExec 12.5

Hi,
i want to know whether the tabe library MSL2024 LTO3 works together with BackupExec 12.5? Or i need additional licenses?
Many thanks.
Mull
4 REPLIES 4
TapeDrive Killer
Trusted Contributor

Re: HP MSL2024 with BackupExec 12.5

It is compatible however if you want to have 2 tape drives on that library you migh need to get some licenses.

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/storageworks/ebs/pdf/EBSMatrix-0809.pdf

Pablo Alvarado Siles
One drink away from sleeping on the pavement
mull
Advisor

Hi,
our MSL2024 have one tape in there and is connected over scsi with a HP DL380G6 server on the scsi-card.
On this server we will install BackupExec 12.5. The server has another dual-nic-card from hp and connects over the san to a msl2012i. Then we backup the volume copies from the msa2012i.
Thats our concept and we have only one drive. So, it should work!
Many thanks for your answer.
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Hello,

be sure to use the latest firmware for drive and library. You don't need any additional license, but when you add a second drive, you will need a library expansion option.

"Support for a single robotic library drive is included with Backup Exec for Windows Servers, one license each is required for all additional drives. If the license is not added, a Library expansion option violation is displayed. To obtain licenses for additional robotic library drives, you must purchase the optional Symantec Backup Exec for Windows Servers - Library Expansion Option (LEO)."

Best regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick
mull
Advisor

Hi Patrick,

many thanks for your good answer.