108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Storage Works SSL1016 - System Locked

SOLVED
Go to solution
Alex Pearce
Occasional Contributor

HP Storage Works SSL1016 - System Locked

I am having a lot of problems with my HP Storage Works SSL1016 Autoloader and very disappointed with it - Im still to get a full back up...after 2 months with the device

I've tried looking for information on what it means when my device says System Locked - I cant figure out how to unlock it - the tape is in the drive and i cant move it - so all my back up jobs (veritas 9) fail.

Please help....???

Thanks
Alex
6 REPLIES 6
Leslie Martin
Frequent Advisor
Solution

Your backup software has locked the library.
In device view of backupexec choose your library and right click. One of the options presented will be 'unlock'
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

I agree with Martin answer, sw lock the library.

If it is not your backup application that have locked the library, be sure to have RSM service stopped (in case OS is windows) this service could take ownership of the library before you start your backup application and then you can have problem in managing it.
Peter Hall_2

I have the same problem, Running Arcserve 11.1r for Netware through a Netware 6.5 server.

I cannot find anywhere in Arcserve or Netware that would be locking the Tape Library.
Azad Kamali

I'd the same problem with Veritas.
It did solved by unlocking the Autoloader.
Thanks Marino and Leslie.
Evan McFarlane

Hi there, I have the same problem with BrightStor ARCserve V11.5. Did you ever get a resolution to your problem Peter? There appears to be nowhere in the GUI or commandline utilities to unlock the system.
VCP2005
Trusted Contributor

SSL1016 do not lock any dev, but software like backup exec do.