1748062 Members
5554 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP StorageWorks 1/8 Autoloader

Chad77
Occasional Contributor

HP StorageWorks 1/8 Autoloader

We have a HP autoloader model no:AF203-63001.

Can anyone tell me if this model has the hardware capability to export a tape to the mail slot once a job has completed. I have not been able to achieve this using Veritas BackupExec 10.
6 REPLIES 6
Taohung
Frequent Advisor

Veritas BackupExec doesn't support export a tape to the mail slot.

Thank you for using Veritas BackupExec.
Chad77
Occasional Contributor

According to Veritas technical support it does that is why i has asked the question here.
Jaclyn Rothe
Trusted Contributor

With a 1/8 model autoloader there is a coursel.

Back Up exec does not support export/import on coursel autoloaders... which means moving tapes to and from the storage slot

You CAN load/unload with back up exec... which meand to and from the drive (from the storage slot)

Apparently Back Up Exec was designed to use the import/export on libraries/autolaoders with a robot shuttle assembly and as far as I know a crousel autoloader was never intended to support thwi import.export feature with back up exec.

import/export will need to be done from teh front panel of the library
Jaclyn Rothe
Trusted Contributor

Wow that was a terrible typo post... let's try again shall we?

With a 1/8 model autoloader there is a carousel.

Back Up exec does not support export/import on carousel autoloaders... which means moving tapes to and from the storage slot

You CAN load/unload with back up exec... which means to and from the drive (from the storage slot)

Apparently Back Up Exec was designed to use the import/export on libraries/autoloaders with a robot shuttle assembly and as far as I know a carousel autoloader was never intended to support this import/export feature with back up exec.

Import/export will need to be done from the front panel of the library.
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

chad here is HP doc explaining why you cannot use mail slot in this autoloader as already explained, it is due to kind of autoloader used

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=lpg75140&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

Rajanikant
Trusted Contributor

hi,

Any software application cannot help to eject the media to mail slot in a 1\8 autoloader. it is not supported in this model
Regards

Raj

How to assign points? Click the KUDOS! star!