StoreEver Tape Storage
1748134 Members
3686 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP StorageWorks 1/8 G2 Tape Autoloader password reset

Louis78

HP StorageWorks 1/8 G2 Tape Autoloader password reset

what is the e-mail adres for text support for resetting HP StorageWorks 1/8 G2 Tape Autoloader password reset

for some reason the person on the line keeps incisting that she cannot create a case, because my warrenty is over?!?!?! I only need a password reset, no part need to be replaced!!!
5 REPLIES 5
Zygmunt Krawczyk
Honored Contributor

Read about "reset the administrator password to null"
on page 72 in the doc:

HP StorageWorks 1/8 G2 Tape Autoloader User and service guide
http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01391515/c01391515.pdf
Louis78

Thank you for pointing out the document, but unfortunately the restore to default assumes that you KNOW the password. and I do not know the password.

page 51 clearly states the folloging:
Administrator â the administrator password is required. The same administrator password is used
for the RMI and OCP. There is not a default administrator password; the administrator password
must be set with the OCP before it can be used with the RMI. If the administrator password is lost,
contact HP to generate a temporary password that will grant administrator access.

so I tried calling HP,

now HP is unwilling to help me because the hardware warrenty has Expired?!?!?!?!?!

I do not understand what a hardware warrenty expiration has to do with resetting a password!
Louis78

HP contacted me, THANK YOU!!!!!

and within 1 minute after giving the date & time of the device they created a new admin password.

Thank you HP!!
BrenHua
Occasional Visitor

Pls call me Mr Pek Chong @ this number 0197811855 from Malaysia Johor.
mike_stebih

I'm trying to reach Mr. Pek Chong at the number he left. I am calling from Canada and can't seem to get the right number to dial. I am trying 011 60 01 97811855. If he still monitor this forum, maybe he can correct it.

Thanks