StoreEver Tape Storage
1748138 Members
3726 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP Storageworks DAT 72 - restoring files

Jenny_19

HP Storageworks DAT 72 - restoring files

I need help with restoring files. I tried to do that but couldn't manage. Can someone tell me how to do that? Give me "dumb"instructions.. :S

Thank you!!
3 REPLIES 3
Dave Dewar
Trusted Contributor

Re: HP Storageworks DAT 72 - restoring files

Hi Jenny,

I will need a little more information to be able to help you properly.

What Operating system are you using?
What backup application are you using?
What is the exact issue you are having? do you have an error message that is coming up on your screen you could tell me about? etc

There is also a trouble shooting guide at

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c00057819&locale=en_US#restore

that might be of some help.

Cheers,

Dave Dewar

Jenny_19

I just remembered that I didn't put any more information and I was just gonna do that.

What Operating system are you using?
Windows NT 4.0

What backup application are you using?
Yosemite TapeWare, version 7.0

It's been couple weeks when I tried last time and I don't remember anymore what I got for an answer. The tape is in safe so I can't try it now. I would like to have instructions that tell me exactly what to do. I couldn't find those from HP's or tapeware.com/HP webpages. Every product should have really good instructions that even dumber ones can use them. =)

I might have to get back with this when I'm able to try restoring again...
Dave Dewar
Trusted Contributor

Hi,

Ok, were you trying to do a full system restore or a single/group of files restore?

As you suggest, it might be better to wait until you are ready to try again before taking this further.

Cheers,

Dave Dewar