5447 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP Sure Store T20 problems

SOLVED
Go to solution
John Cerda

HP Sure Store T20 problems

Greetings everyone. I just started an IT position in a small company, and one of the first projects that I am working on is getting a backup system up and running. This group that I am working with is running a HP Sure Store T20 on an NT Server 4.0, however apparently it has never worked(part of the reason they hired me). They are using a sofware called Replica and it is having all sorts of problems even recognizing the tapes. I went to Replica's website and it appears they are out of business. What I am wondering is, are any of you using a different software for the HP Sure Store? Since Replica is no longer available I would like to use on that can provide me customer support if need be.
Also, I will be upgrading the server to Windows 2000 Server in the next couple of months so that is a consideration as well. Thank you!!
Where a calculator on the ENIAC is equipped with 19,000 vacuum tubes and weighs 30 tons, computers in the future may have only 1,000 vacuum tubes and perhaps only weigh 1.5 tons. - Popular Mechanics, March 1949
6 REPLIES 6
harry d brown jr
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: HP Sure Store T20 problems

Omniback II

http://www.openview.hp.com/products/omniback/index.asp

live free or die
harry
Live Free or Die
Michael Tully
Honored Contributor

Hi,

You will find that although OmniBack is
a very good product it does not perform
well on Windows 2000. However it does
perform well on NT with the right service
pack loaded. Perhaps there is something
wrong the MS based products as OmniBack
also performs well on HPUX (Unix servers).

-Michael
Anyone for a Mutiny ?
John Cerda

Thank you Harry and Michael. I got the go ahead on Windows 2000 server, so I would like a software that will work well with it. Any ideas other than omniback2?
Where a calculator on the ENIAC is equipped with 19,000 vacuum tubes and weighs 30 tons, computers in the future may have only 1,000 vacuum tubes and perhaps only weigh 1.5 tons. - Popular Mechanics, March 1949
Michael Tully
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Have a look at these.

NovaStor
www.novastor.com/windows/windows2k.html

Veritas
www.veritas.com/us/products/bent2000/

HTH
-Michael
Anyone for a Mutiny ?
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

hi
you didn't said which model of server you are using,
with the T20 unit you have to set the transfer rate of the scsi channel at 5 Mb, disable the wide negotiation.
if you are using a adaptec scsi controller, you have to install the HP drivers which solve time out problems.
bye
marino
harry d brown jr
Honored Contributor

I'd suggest Veritas, but they are so damn expensive! Omniback II will work on Win2000.

live free or die
harry
Live Free or Die