108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP SureStore 24 on Red Hat Linux 7.3

Denis Dudhia
Occasional Contributor

HP SureStore 24 on Red Hat Linux 7.3

Hi,

This is denis...

I have a HP TC2110 Server installed with Red Hat Linux 7.3. Everything is fine but the only problem is that, it is not accepting any tape media.

While trying to mount it using "KDat", it gives the error something like as follows:
"INVALID DRIVER OR TAPE MEDIA NOT LOADED SUCCESSFULLY. TRY USING ANOTHER DRIVER OR WAIT FOR TAPE TO BE LOADED SUCCESSFULLY."

I tried various driver files like, st0, st1, st9, st31, etc.

reply to me as early as possible.

thanks,
denis
hi
3 REPLIES 3
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

Re: HP SureStore 24 on Red Hat Linux 7.3

Denis,
the tape drive should accept the drive, if the cartridge is ejected immediatlely then probably you have some trouble with the dat or the tape, try with a cleaning cartridge, it should stay in for at least a minuts, try also with a new tape and check if the dat accept it.
marino
Terri Harris
Honored Contributor

What SCSI controller is the DAT24 connected to? Is this the SCSI model of the tc2110? Are you sharing the SCSI controller with any other devices?
Does the tape drive banner during POST? Can you see the tape drive from the Ctrl-A Adaptec SCSI utility. What SCSI ID is the tape drive set to?

Need to verify the tape drive is seen properly at the hardware level first.
Denis Dudhia
Occasional Contributor

hi meloni/terry harris,

thanks for your valued reply..

The Tape Drive accepts the DAT and also indicates that it is ready to use.

Also the SCSI controller model is of TC2110. The Tape Drive is shown during POST. It is being displayed in the SCSI utility and its SCSI ID is different than that of the SCSI HDD.

What exactly happens is when I try to mount the DAT from the mount command in "KDAT", it does not mount the DAT. But when i after inserting DAT give format command in "KDAT" it accepts the DAT and formats the DAT. Then I can use it until it is unmounted. To use it again or to mount it, I have to reformat the DAT, which makes no sense.

denis

hi