StoreEver Tape Storage
1748089 Members
5078 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP SureStore DAT24 Not Writing On DDS3 Media

Sumit_5

HP SureStore DAT24 Not Writing On DDS3 Media

My DAT24 Drive is not writing and Reading DDS3 media but is working fine with DDs2 i even tried to re-calibrate it using Script file provided by L & TT can any one help me with this?
3 REPLIES 3
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Please generate LTT support ticket, zip it and attach to your next reply. Which tapes are you using? Vendor and product number?
Eugeny
Vincent Farrugia
Honored Contributor

Hello,

This is very interesting.

First of all, are you sure it is a DAT24 drive? Having a tape drive with the front cover saying "DAT24" doesn't mean it is a DAT24 drive. I've seen this attached to no other than a DDS1 drive!

Second, are you sure you are inserting DDS3 tapes? It could be they are DDS4 tapes and not accepting it.

After all... what exactly is the behaviour of the drive when you insert the DDS3 tapes? Does it spit it out almost immediately? Or does it make some other error? If it spits it out immediately, you either have not a DDS3 drive, or you are inserting a DDS4 tape. If it tries to accept it but to no avail, then you might have a bad DDS3 cartridge. Did you try other DDS3 cartridges?

HTH,
Vince
Tape Drives RULE!!!
Jeff XSi
Frequent Advisor

This could possibly be a problem with the tape hole sensors which "scan" the tape upon insertion to determine its DDS tape type.

Could be a h/ware failure - as you have already ran the recal script, I would suggest that the f/ware bios is updated to L111 and present a support ticket to your country's tech support line.

Thanks
Jeff