108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP SureStore Dat24e (C1537a): Clean light is blinking

SOLVED
Go to solution
michael sundermann
Occasional Advisor

HP SureStore Dat24e (C1537a): Clean light is blinking

After each backup (5GB), my clean light is blinking, although I had cleaned the tape 5 times in a row. The cartridge and the cleaning cartrigde are new. Attached device data.

HP L&TT 4.6:
|__ Analysis Results
|__ Device Analysis for DDS Drives
|__ Firmware rev 'L411' is up-to-date for 'C1537A' as of Wed May 25 19:00:00 2005.
|__ Serial EEPROM Data is not accessible on this drive
|__ Please insert a cleaning cartridge 5 times in a row to ensure that the drive heads are clean.
|__ You have media errors logged in your drive - please replace your media.
|__ There were 4 rules checked.

3 REPLIES 3
Bhargava
Advisor

Hello Michael,
Please update the firmware. Its too old... from 2005. Use LTT latest version 4.6 to upgrade the firmware.

Rajat Bhargava
Neil Ashworth_3
Frequent Advisor
Solution

This error is the result of s waorn head. All the cleaning cycles will not give any long term reliability.
The mech in these units is basically a standard DDS3 with a different controller/firmware.
The best repair is to obtain a refurbished DDS├В┬г mech and remove the old mech from the unit.
Remove the circuit board from both mechs and swap.Then replace mech. It has always worked for me.
Otherwise find a refurbished unit and replce the whole thing. I know where you can get replacement units so if you are interested then contact me for further info.
michael sundermann
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for your reply. Probably my tape is broken. After 10 years with one backup per week, maybe this is normal. So I ordered a used one at EBay for 10 dollars. Maybe this works, if not, I will bought a new one.