StoreEver Tape Storage
1748246 Members
3621 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Surestore 1/9 Autoloader

Glenn Toner

HP Surestore 1/9 Autoloader

Continually getting a Hard Error "Translate servo system detected on over force" "failed REZERO". Quantum DLT8000 tape drive is clear, suggests running recalibration but fails. Tried power cycle. When attempting to open door it says unlocked but light continues to flash amber and unable to open door. Any suggestions. Thanks in advance.
6 REPLIES 6
Kurt Beyers.
Honored Contributor

Run the Library Tape Tools (LTT) once to see what they tell you about the library. Looks like a hardware issue.

Kurt
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

try to switch off the unit, open the door and removing the magazin if everythink is ok inside, overforce could be due to a cartridge out of place or a sticker/plastic on the path
Glenn Toner

Unfortunately I cannot open the door, it says unlocked but cannot be opened. Is there a manual way to open the door ?
Stuart Whitby
Trusted Contributor

This is almost certainly a hardware error. If the device is under warranty, get an engineer. If it's not, get a screwdriver and try to figure out what's jamming the arm/door.

Good luck...
A sysadmin should never cross his fingers in the hope commands will work. Makes for a lot of mistakes while typing.
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

If you can: Install HP Library & Tape Tools (www.hp.com/support/tapetools), then run the tool, click on support, and save the support ticket to a file. Post the support ticket (.ltt file) here, and then we can look at the autoloader error logs in detail and probably figure out what's wrong.
The journey IS the reward.
ddeblance
Frequent Advisor

Unfortunatly these are very touchy libraries and can easily be confused and knocked out of calibration. In my experience with the door being locked and the library saying it is unlocked then it is confused. I have not found a way around this. More than likely it is a dead end fight.