5386 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP Surestore 2/20 Firmware upgrade fails

SOLVED
Go to solution
Peter Blessing

HP Surestore 2/20 Firmware upgrade fails

I have a 2/20 that has 2 Quantum DLT 8000 drives. I sucessfully updated the firmware on the drives to the latest rev, but I get failures when I try to upgrade the library from 1140 to 1220. Can I jump to 1250 if 1220 fails? Or do I need to do them in sequence?? I have a LVDS SCSI interface to the library.

Thanks,

Pete
4 REPLIES 4
Jan Klier
Respected Contributor

Re: HP Surestore 2/20 Firmware upgrade fails

Normally you can jump over revisions and don't have to do them in sequence. With the exception of 1220 - units on code prior to 1220 must be upgraded to 1220 before they can be upgraded to anything more recent.

If you use HP L&TT to do the upgrade, it should notify you of this dependency.

If you continue to experience problems with the download, you can send e-mail to ltt_team@hp.com for further diagnosis. Please include the EventLog*.ltt files in the logs folder where HP L&TT was installed in your e-mail. In addition, you can send a Tool Status Report from the Help menu which should communicate all the basic tool and system information relevant to debugging.

Disclaimer: This e-mail is intended for help with tool problems. For help with hardware problems, you should contact your local support provider (HP call center, etc.)
Vincent Farrugia
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hello,

In order to jump from 1.14 to 1.22, you need the controller to have 8Mb of memory, otherwise it would fail. The early controllers had just 4Mb of memory. Take a controller with you and replace it.

Can you give me the part number of the controller and the replacement controller? So that I could figure out whether you have the 8Mb or the 4Mb one. If you don't have the 8Mb one, order a new one.

HTH,
Vince
Tape Drives RULE!!!
Vincent Farrugia
Honored Contributor

Ok got the part number list.

Look at the sticker on one of the chips near the metal flange of the board (controller). If the number on it is C7200-89100 then it has 4Mb of RAM, if it has the number C7200-89101 it has 8Mb of RAM. Check your controller and the replacement one for these numbers.

Replacement part number, should you have to order one:

C7200-60201 for HVDS card with 8Mb
C7200-60206 for LVDS card with 8Mb.

HTH,
Vince
Tape Drives RULE!!!
Stefan Saliba
Trusted Contributor

If you have a 4meg cntrl HP should change it for free to an 8 meg version. Though HP will only change it, if you intend to use ULTRIUM drives.

Hp claims that 1.14 should be enough for DLT8000 drives and infact 1.22 allows support for Ultrium.

Me personally though I would try and upgrade to the latest firmware though.

Good luck stefan

P.S. what are you using LTT or STM ?