New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Ultrium Autoloader 1/9

SOLVED
Go to solution
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

Debra,

I wasn't aware that you wanted to use the Remote Management Card, instead of the Library & Tape Tools diagnostic program. Is there a reason why you cannot run L&TT on your server?

The same firmware files do work with the RMC as well, however drive firmware updates were not supported until midway through the product life, and the version of firmware you have MAY not high enough. Thus, you may need to use LTT to get both the library and drive code updated from where you are at.

The problems you are having with the RMC may be related to the version of Java you are running. Since the surestore autoloaders have been discontinued for some time, there is no ongoing testing with newer versions of Java.
The journey IS the reward.
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

A correction to my previous message:

> Yes, I pointed to the zip file under the windows OS.

Actually the windows file is a self-extracting .exe. You would need to unpack it on a windows machine and then move it over to netware.

> I'll research why we don't have the firmware listed under Netware.

I was told the reason the firmware is not under the netware links most likely meant that HP had not released support for this product under that particular OS, altough its possible that it could have been added later, and the data base not updated.
The journey IS the reward.

Can someone please explain to me why I'm having such a hard time upgrading my firmware ? I finally found the right file and instructions. Now the error I get is I don't have the correct java or if I try it on another workstation where java is different I get the error firmware can't be downloaded with this version. Why is this so hard ? Are there other options ? I keep getting L&TT does not support this device when using L&TT.
I would appreciat any help.
Debra
Nigel McGowan

Thanks for all your advice.

I downloaded the HP StorageWorks LT&T for Windows on Saturday. I retrieved one of the firmware files from the web downloads., however I did not get LTT_Ultrium_1-SCSI_E3BR_OEM2.frm (got that today).

I was successfull in updating one of the firmware files (LTT_C7145_2710.frm) from the server console; however to do it reliably had to down server and start it with minimal drivers/services.

Will do this second file as soon as I can get server down.

Thanks again for your help.