StoreEver Tape Storage
1752705 Members
6412 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP6400 48AL DDS2 Specs and Manuals

Marc Lippmann_1

HP6400 48AL DDS2 Specs and Manuals

I saw Vincent sent someone the manuals to the HP6400 48AL, and I was wondering if he'd do me the same favor.

Thanks!!

marc@lippmann.com
6 REPLIES 6
Brangwyn

Re: HP6400 48AL DDS2 Specs and Manuals

Could I add a "Me too" to that request as well please.

brangwyn@techkiwi.com
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

The DDS3 AL manual is still available online:
http://h200005.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/lpg28475/lpg28475.pdf

I don't know of any differences other than capacity.
The journey IS the reward.
Brangwyn

Thanks David.

I actually just this minute stumbled across the DAT24x6i manual online which appears to have been the next generation of this tape drive too.

Many thanks for your reply.
Brangwyn

Anyone with some experience with the HP6400/48AL and Windows able to point me in the right direction of getting the Autoloader recognised ?

HP Tape Tools only tells me theres a drive there as well and doesn't detect the Autoloader ID at all.

I have Autoloader options on the back set to 7 and the drive is contected to the external plug on an IBM ServRAID3 Card.

Any help would be very much appreciated.
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

> HP Tape Tools only tells me theres a drive there as well and doesn't detect the Autoloader ID at all.

You don't have SCSI LUN support enabled.

> I have Autoloader options on the back set to 7 and the drive is contected to the external plug on an IBM ServRAID3 Card.

1) You shouldn't be attaching it to a raid card. Use a dedicated SCSI card for the tape drive.

2) You need to have SCSI LUN support enabled. The Drive is at LUN 0 (which can be seen without LUN support enabed), whereas the autoloader portion will be at LUN 1.

If you can, use a dedicated SCSI card (e.g. 2940, 29190, etc)
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

>I actually just this minute stumbled across the DAT24x6i manual online

Yeah, I pointed to the unix-flavor manual. The windows manual is in a few pieces here:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManual&locale=en_US&docIndexId=179911&taskId=101&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=42847