StoreEver Tape Storage
1748128 Members
3559 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to remove CV TL "Instant On" License ?

Herr Ing. RUEHRNESSEL
Respected Contributor

How to remove CV TL "Instant On" License ?

Hello,

how can i remove the Command View Tape Library "Instant On" License, after installing the software (Version 2.3.01)?

After adding my "permanent" licenses i want to remove the "Intant on" license. Otherwise the "Instant on" license will expire after a period of time and give annoying error messages when starting CV TL.

The right-mouse-button submenu "Remove Licensed Feature" is greyed out. I can only add new licenses or display the properties, but i cannot remove a License key.

Has anyone got a solution to this problem?

Regards
Manfred

3 REPLIES 3
GustavoT
Valued Contributor

There is a procedure you can follow and might help:

Use the following steps to edit the license file, and remove the specific license(s) in question on a Command View TL 2.x management station.

Stop the Command View TL service.

Go to the following folder: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Hewlett-Packard\HPOvLIC\data.

Make a backup copy of the file LicFile.txt (e.g. LicFile.bak).

Open LicFile.txt for editing.

Delete the entire line(s) with the license key(s) in question.

Save the file back to the original name.

Restart the Command View TL service.

Hope this helps,
David Rabahy 1
Advisor

I followed the instructions exactly and amazingly enough the instant-on license reappeared. So, not only do I want to remove the spurious license, I also want it not to come back. Any ideas?
MartinP
Advisor

Hi,

I have the same problem. But in Connect-IT 4.1. And I'm also looking for solutions. Did someone managed to solve this problem?

Brgds,
Marcin.