StoreEver Tape Storage
1752795 Members
6130 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Hp SURESTORE tapeloader 1/9 , ghost cartridges.

SOLVED
Go to solution
WilliamSmith11
Super Advisor

Hp SURESTORE tapeloader 1/9 , ghost cartridges.

Hi everybody.
I have a HP Sure Store Tapeloader with a a drive 1/9,.
The problem is that some time when the unit is scanning for available cartridges recognize that there is cartridges where really there is nothing,
The Customer is not using labels with code bars since he bought the unit , almost 2 years, and the unit was working fine.

1-Could be my problem the bar code reader?
2-If is suspected that my problem is the bar code reader there is some way to desable it ?

I will appreciate

Thank you.
W.S
rperez
4 REPLIES 4
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

My opinion is that you have to identify where the ghost cartridges appear, is it in the backup application or directly on the library? you can check with the front panel, what cartridges the library is seeing, and you can also run an inventory from the front panel, then do the same at the backup application level.
Usualy, if a cartridge do not have a bar code, the unit cannot reed it, so it will load it in the tape to identify it. No need of the bar code if you have no problem with speed, it will take just more time to inventory the magazin.
WilliamSmith11
Super Advisor

Thank Marino for answer.
The ghost cartridges appear in the slot1 , some time in slot 7 , there is not a specific slot.
Since the ghost cartridges appear the Data Protector also see the cartridge,

Marino the is some way to disable the bar code reader to test if my problem is that, or is not necessary?

Thank you

W.S
rperez
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

Hi william, for what i know, there is no way to disable bar code reader, but, just remove all the labels on the cartridge and the unit will inventory via the drive (reading the directory of the tape itself)
aliasgar
Valued Contributor
Solution

Hello William,

what is the firmware of your Autoloader 1/9 ,firmware 2710 fixes the problem of phantom media .

Thanks/regards,
Aliasgar.
aliasgar