108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Incompatible Magazine HP MSL 2024 Library after cleaning tape

Faisal7c
Advisor

Incompatible Magazine HP MSL 2024 Library after cleaning tape

Hello,
HP MSL Library status was cleaining required,
cleaning tape was not inside so i unlock left magazin and put cleaning catrige and done the cleaing. after i remove the cleaning catridge and put back the same tape and locked the magazine back(same ask before),unfortunity now the status show "Incompatible Magazine"
Can you please help me someone ?
(Drive status=Ready, Library status:Incompatible Magazine)

Regards,

Faisal
2 REPLIES 2
Mr_NKC
Frequent Advisor

Re: Incompatible Magazine HP MSL 2024 Library after cleaning tape

Hi Faisal,

Have you tried disabling the Mailslot and then re-enabling it again? If you haven't, I would suggest that you try the same and let me know the outcome.

To enable or disable the mailslot:

1. From the Home screen, press Previous or Next until the screen displays Configuration. Press Enter to select.
2. Press Previous or Next until the screen displays "Configure Mailslot". Press Enter to select.
3. Enter the administrator password if prompted.
4. The screen displays either "Mailslot Enabled" or "Mailslot Disabled".
5. Press Previous or Next until the screen displays "Disable Mailslot?" or "Enable Mailslot?". Press Enter
when the correct action is displayed.

Regards,
Nirosh.
Regards,
NKC

I work for HP

If this post is helpful, thank me by clicking on the KUDOS! "White Thumbs Up" below
Trygve Henriksen
Respected Contributor

Re: Incompatible Magazine HP MSL 2024 Library after cleaning tape

Remove the magazine and check for forreign objects(loose stickers and such) both on the magazine and in the library.
(Don't stick your hand inside, though. Just look)

It's also possible that the sensors inside has been damaged. If so, you'll need to have a HP teck fix it.

I once found a sheet of stickers of the type that's in the cartridge boxes in a library.
(The sheet is the same size as a cart and had probably stuck to the side of one when the magazine was loaded, then had fallen out when the cart was moved to the drive.)