StoreEver Tape Storage
1752790 Members
6297 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Installation of TL891 expansion module....passthrough kit imparticular.

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Installation of TL891 expansion module....passthrough kit imparticular.

Hi,

I am trying to install the TL89x expansion unit to operate with (control) our current TL891 base unit.

I have racked both the base and expansion unit using the standard rails for a Compaq 42u cabinet (I am not using the bronze mounting brackets).

The problem that I am having is when I try and mount the pass-though mechanism, and try and connect the support bracket to the l-shaped nut plates, it appears that the holes to screw the nut plates into place are aligned differently on the outside rail. The left rail is fine, the right rail is about 2 mm out! This appears to be the case on all four separate outside rails.

Is it a requirement to secure the support braces on both the left and right sides. It appears that in the documentation and video demonstrations that only the left hand side is done, although I am not sure if there is some sort of presumption that the right side is done as well.

Any help would be appreciated.

Matthew.
1 REPLY 1
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Installation of TL891 expansion module....passthrough kit imparticular.

I had the same problem. I screwed in what I could and the pass-through mechanism seemed to be securely mounted. As long as it's not falling off the base and expansion units the pass-through should work fine.