Pradeep Solanki_1
Occasional Contributor

Installing Quantom DLT 8000 on HP-UX

6 REPLIES 6
Leif Halvarsson_2
Honored Contributor

Re: Installing Quantom DLT 8000 on HP-UX

Hi,
The "stape" driver need to be in the kernel.
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor
Solution

What interface type does your DLT 8000 drive have? You have it attached to single ended which is pretty rare with DLT8000 drives. I would expect either high voltage differential (HVD) or low voltage differential (LVD).

If the drive is LVD it should be able to work on that bus.

Nothing at all shows up in the ioscan which suggests a communication problem with the drive. Even if the right driver isn't installed the drive should still show in the ioscan.

I'd start with checking the simple things. Is the drive on? Are there any bent pins on any of the cables? Does the interface type match?
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

I agree with Curtis. Your drive could be HVD and you need A4800A to connect it to your L-class server
Eugeny
Pradeep Solanki_1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Curtis and Eugency

Thanks a lot for the reply,

The scsi card supplied with the DLT is HP A4974A (A4974-66001), part no is p5189780903 (sr no: 348-0041459A)

DLT Model is Quantum TH88H-YF (part no: 30-60502-27), SCSI cable is D-type 68 pin male (on both sides). Please let me know if the DLT drive will be supported by this card.

Thanks in advance

Regards
Pradeep
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

The SCSI card is single ended. You can see that in the ioscan but I also looked it up.

Quantum doesn't list that part number for some reason but I checked a few dealers and they all list that drive as HVD which will not work on that bus.

You will need a differential HBA such as the A4800A or the A5159B.
Pradeep Solanki_1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Curtis

Thanks a lot for identifying the exact cause of the problem, I found that that the drive was HVD. I found a old HVD Symbios scsi card. After connecting to this card the drive is working fine.

Thanks again.

regards
Pradeep