4956 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Inventory hangs at empty slot

SOLVED
Go to solution
RemkoN

Inventory hangs at empty slot

When I perform an inventory, the job hangs whenever an empty slot is encountered. The inventory doesn't proceed with the next slot. No error messages.
The only thing I can do is cancel the inventory job.

If I fill up all the slots with tapes, there's no problmen.

Equipment:
- HP Storageworks 1/8 Ultrium 960 Tape Autoloader
- Symantec Backup Exec for Windows 11d

Anyone seen this before?

Thanks a lot!
3 REPLIES 3
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

You do not specify the model of your autoloader, we have several model of 1/8 autoloader.
If this is one with a barcode reader, I remember that in the past it happens that an empty slot took time for the unit to identify if it was a real empty slot or if there was a tape without barcode. Not sure now exactly the behavior, but was solved with new FW and/or with a sticker inside the slot, so that the Barcode reader could identify it as empty.
My suggestion is to wait more time and see if effectively the picker wait for a time out before to contine, also, be sure to have latest fw.
In case, you can collect a support tiket after the problem occur and attach here for a review
RemkoN

I've waited longer, and it works indeed.

(Had to wait almost 30 minutes when there's an empty slot. With all slots filled it only takes 10 minutes).

Thanks for your help!
RemkoN

The inventory takes (much) longer when there's an empty slot in the library.

In my case, I had to wait 30 minutes instead of only 10 minutes with full slots.