Storage Boards Cleanup
To make it easier to find information about HPE Storage products and solutions, we are doing spring cleaning. This includes consolidation of some older boards, and a simpler structure that more accurately reflects how people use HPE Storage.
Tape Libraries and Drives
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the SureStor 2/20 LVD compatile with the Adaptec 29160?

siobhanellis
Occasional Visitor

Is the SureStor 2/20 LVD compatile with the Adaptec 29160?

I've recently managed to get a SureStor 2/20 with 2 LVD LTO-1's in it. The library states LVD, as do the drives. I also have an Adaptec 29160 Ultra 160 SCSI card that supports (according to the doco) LVD SE. Are these compatible?

the reason I ask is that when I plug the library into the card, and rebott the system, the card "goes off the air".

Thanks

Siobhan
4 REPLIES
The Spartan
Trusted Contributor

Re: Is the SureStor 2/20 LVD compatile with the Adaptec 29160?

Try -

www.hp.com/go/ebs

and find the compatibilty matrix
If you are keen to win, you should be willing to lose.
Siobhan Ellis
Occasional Visitor

That's a start, but it gives HP part numbers, which really doesn't tell me if they are just rebadged products from someone else.

Question is, too, if it should work.

thanks though.

Siobhán
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

Yep the 2/20 LVD is fully compatible with the 29160 card from Adaptec.

I would pull all the cables and inspect for any bent pins. Check that the terminator is LVD. Then connect one device at a time and see if the card will work with a single device.
Siobhan Ellis
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for the response. In the end I traced it down to a broken external interface on the Adaptec card. When I plugged it into the internal interface it worked just fine.

Thanks for your help.

Siobhan