108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: JukeBox 660ex connected to DL380G4

SOLVED
Go to solution
MMostafa
Advisor

JukeBox 660ex connected to DL380G4

i have Jukebox 660ex connected to HP netserver LC3 ,i replced the server with a new one DL380 G4 .and i got a SCSI U320 card to connect the juke box.
after that i received an error in jukebox , external scsi cable error.
i need to know how can i connect the it with the new Dl380 server and what scsi cable i need ?
best regards
4 REPLIES 4
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

the 660ex may be connected via two model of scsi interface:
SCSI-2 SE/HVDS:
HVDS - 68HD
SE - 50HD

the best thing is to see if the scsi card you have in the LC3 can be used in the DL380, eventualy you should buy a new hba with SE 50 pins output or a HVD with 68 pin output
the decision may be linked to the distance between the host and the library, SE is limited to a few meters, HVD can be used for longer distances

marino
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

Also, avoid to attach the HVD interface to the connector of the U320 lvd, you may permanently damage it.
with the SE interface instead, the HBA would complain because of lack of termination on the hight part of the Bus, as SE use 50 pins and lvd connector have 68, the hba can sense this situation and cause error related to this
MMostafa
Advisor

dear ,
can you advise me about the HP part number HVD with 68 pin output.

Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

There is a HVD product from HP,

157299-B21 Interface (Product) : Dual channel UltraSCSI High Voltage Differential (HVD) SCSI interface board - 32-bit PCI bus master

And a product from Adaptec
http://www.adaptec.com/en-US/products/scsi_prem/pci_hba/AHA-2944UW/

These should work, but there is no official compatibility with the server.

marino